Thursday, August 16, 2007

Once a Ute, Always a Ute

Well, well, well. My blood is red.

I got the call (okay e-mail) this morning from GW informing me they will not take anyone from their waitlist this year. A somewhat sad development, but considering our baby coming in October and the fact that I'm sick of not knowing where I will live for the next 3 years, I felt happier after reading the e-mail than before.

I'm almost finished with orientation week here at the U Law School. This place overflows with impressive students and teachers. We have 2 marines (that means 2 future JAGs), a Romanian, an Irish fellow and something like 40 states and / or countries represented.

I'm enjoying lawschool, at least for this week. We'll see what happens when the real deal starts next week (by the way, I just bought my books -- $570!!!)

3 comments:

Barb said...

Congrats on the first week! It's nice that you can stay close to home!

Brynn and Jesse said...

I'm sure you are just excited to get started! And seriously, how could you leave the U of U? It's the best school ever!!!!

ebv said...

Congrats, David. And welcome to the legal world. I hope you find it invigorating and satisfying.

In other news, we need an eighth team in our fantasy league. Interested?

Love,
Eric