Thursday, April 3, 2008

Patten's Many Faces

What a month. As you will see, our family had lots of fun in March.

First - Rolling Patten. Patten decided he was sick of laying on his back / stomach. So, he set out to roll over. Here he is following rolling from his back to his stomach. You can see him thinking, "hmm... that darned arm... what am I going to do about that."
And so Patten decides "aha! I'll shift my weight to the pelvic region and remove my arm." Unfortunately for him, but fortunately for his parents, it took him a good 20 minutes to pull out his arm. But eventually...
He did it! Victory! Rolling over is now common-place. In fact, if we put him on the floor and mind our business for 2 or 3 minutes he undoubtedly changes orientation and position by the time we return.
In addition to Patten's rolling antics, we celebrated Kristin's birthday in March. We got together with a few good friends (from left to right - Scott, Henry (or Henrizzle), Jake, Jacy, Lex, Kristin, Patten, and Mikea - I know our friends have cool names) - we played games, ate food, and had an altogether great time.
Next - Moose Stroller Patten. That moose outfit is his most expensive and prized outfit - it comes from some fancy store (naartje?) and supposedly is fine clothing for youngins.
Ahhh, Mischievous Patten. I don't quite know what to make of this picture - other than the fact that it wouldn't have been possible if it weren't for the 800 blankets Kristin stuffed in the contraption to make him fit in it. Way to go Kris!
And here we see Easter Patten. A charming young man dressed in sky blue and donning a killer smile. Disregard his dad, please.
More Easter Patten. But, luckily for him, his mother matches his beauty in this picture (unlike his dad in the last). Didn't I get lucky?
Hang with me - we're almost done. Here we see Reading Patten. I came home from meetings last night to find my adorable wife having a Read-a-thon with our beautiful son. I doubt he got much out of the reading aspect, but man he sat right up and hit that book with his fist over and over again. Perhaps he gained some knowledge of Persuasion via osmosis... either way it was about the cutest thing I have ever seen.
And finally - Smiling Patten. Patten sure loves his mom - this picture proves it.

10 comments:

Bart and Michelle said...

He's looking older and older every time you post new pictures! How fun that he's rolling over now! So cute...

Missy Johnson said...

OH. MY. GOODNESS. I have the cutest nephew in the entire world!

annalisa said...

The pictures are all great, but mischievous Patten is my favorite!

Carolyn and Mike said...

Hi Dave! I found you while blog-hopping! Your little boy is so cute! I'm also glad to see that his loyalties lie with the U of U... good to know you're bringing him up right. Anyway, I'm happy to see your family is doing so well. We'll have to get together for lunch or something next time we're in SLC so I can finally meet Kristin! All the best, Carolyn (Wills)

Anonymous said...

Cute, cute, cute. He's getting so big!

Becca said...

I can't even tell you how HOMESICK this makes me for you guys! what a gorgeous little boy and oh my gosh I'm loving Kristin's hair! I can't wait to see you!!!

Brynn and Jesse said...

He is such a sweetheart!

t.t.turner said...

Does Patten have a fan club?

Becca said...

okay ty and I have been "AAAW"ing for the past 10 minutes about all these cute pictures. We are very anxious to see Patten (and you guys too, of course) :)

Missy said...

As my dad always says, "He got his good looks from his dad ... because his mom still has his." Har har. Fun to see your blog!