Sunday, October 14, 2007

Patten is here!

That's right.

Patten Fredrick Johnson arrived Friday morning October 12th at 9:50 weighing 8lbs 4 oz. and measuring 22 inches long (can you say - they should have induced Kristin 10 days earlier on Patten's due date?)

We couldn't be happier. He seems perfect to us in every way, even his crying brings us joy.

Unfortunately, Patten has jaundice (or, is jaundiced?) and is spending some time under the ultra violet lights at the hospital. He couldn't come home with us today, Sunday, but we hope he will join us tomorrow. In the meantime we visit him every 3 hours for feeding. We can't wait to have him home.

Enjoy the pictures.


Swaddled Patten in his crib.
Attempting the perfect mouth posture for a good drink.


He spent most of the days sleeping.


Gotta love the pumpkin hat!

9 comments:

Barb said...

Congratulations, you guys! He is so handsome!

Brynn and Jesse said...

Yea!!! Congratulations! I have been wondering about you guys; I can't believe they waited that long. Patten must have been very comfortable!!!

klt9976 said...

OH he is so cute!!!! Congrats guys!

Heidi said...

congratulations on the arrival. I am sorry you couldn't bring him home with you, I couldn't bring my daughter home with me either, it's the pits. I hope you get the little on home soon.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! He looks like a miniature Dah-vid! What a cutie.

Bart and Michelle said...

Congratulations! I can't believe he went 10 days over!! I was wondering why you hadn't posted yet! :) He looks so cute and I hope he's finally home with you guys!

ebv said...

DAVE!!! YOU'RE A DADDY!!!! I'll call you today. Well done to both you and Kristin. And can I say that of all the baby names you had at your disposal, that might be the best you could have had. Now, the next boy, I expect "Eric" to be thrown into the mix. ;P

Steve and Liz Evans said...

hey congratulations!My little Jaxon had jaundice too. I think its pretty common. You need to get plenty of pics of him with the cool sunglasses from the bed.

Kristi said...

Congratulations! I like Patten, good name - I also would have accepted Wanda Jr., but hey, you may have a girl someday! Becca Warthen has a picture of Patten on her facebook page and I was floored at how much he is a mixture of both of your features. It was pretty cool. Say congratulations to Kristin for us! Oh, and really Dave, you didn't have to have the baby on our anniversary, really... that was very thoughtful of you. So, how long till he gets to mow your lawn?