Thursday, June 28, 2007

The Grand Canyon, St. George and a growing baby

Last Wednesday through Saturday I set out with the Priests of my ward to hike the Grand Canyon rim to rim. My group started on the north rim and ended on the south. What an adventure; 26 miles in 3 days, 115 degree high, 100 degrees at 7 am, 90 degrees at 8 pm. Sleeping was futile (a layer of sweat coated our entire bodies) and we (or at least I) felt thoroughly exhausted by the end. Still, I say hiking the Grand Canyon rim to rim should be on everyone's to do list at some point in their life. Unfortunately I didn't take the digital camera for fear of it melting, but I do have one shot of Kris and I upon my return:


And now that I think of it, the above picture explains most of our recent happenings. You can see the increased size of the babe and the picture shows the condo in St. George which is where we, along with my family, spent the first half of this week. We swam, ate, watched movies and tv, and had an all around good time.

Now it's back to work...





3 comments:

Bart and Michelle said...

Hey Dave! This is Michelle (Child) Caton. I just found your blog and thought I'd say congrats on your upcoming arrival! I'm excited for you guys--and having a boy will be a blast! I hope all is well with you both!

Dave said...

Hey Michelle! Everything is going well for Kristin and I (and the baby). I'm sorry to hear you've had such difficult complications with your pregnancy. It reminds me of what my mom experienced bringing me into the world -- she was on bedrest for 3 or 4 months and could only get up to go to the bathroom (she even had sponge baths in bed). Let me say thanks for your perserverance as someone who wouldn't be here if it weren't for my mom's perserverance -- I'm sure your baby will feel the same way in 20 years! Best of luck.

klt9976 said...

Um...Hi guys its Kristy Thornton! I don't know why at 10:25 on a school night I'm randomly finding everyones blogs, but hey, why have the internet if you can't stalk your old friends! Haha jk. Kristin looks great! I think you there should be more pics of the expectant mom! ;-)