Saturday, November 28, 2009

Wow

I intended to come here and post about the BYU Utah game and how I thought BYU played a good game, etc.

Then I heard the following comments from Max Hall. What an idiot, I'm sorry, but what an idiot.

Sportscaster: "Personal redemption Max because you didn’t play as well against these guys last year?"

Maxie: "Um, a little bit, yeah. I don’t like Utah. In fact, I hate ‘em. I hate everything about ‘em. I hate their program. I hate their fans. I hate everything, so it felt really good to send those guys home.

"Um, they didn’t deserve it. It was our time. It was our time to win, we deserved it. We played as hard as we could tonight. And it felt really good, again, to send ‘em home, to get ‘em out of here. So, um, you know, a game I will always remember."

Sportscaster: "Any particular reason they are not your favorite team?"

Maxie: "Uh, you really want me to go into it? I mean, I think, I think, I think the whole University, their fans and the organization is classless. They threw beer on my family and stuff last year and did a whole bunch of nasty things. I don’t respect ‘em, and they deserved to lose."

Wow. That's all I can say. Wow.

8 comments:

David said...

For what it's worth, I don't like Max Hall much. To say those things after a dominating performance might be a bit more palatable, though still inappropriate. However, he played like he was worried about getting owned by the Utes like last year - and he was again this year, save for a pass or two. Poor performance, poor quote - bring on Riley Nelson!

AdamAndMelaine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AdamAndMelaine said...

I was totally repulsed when I read these comments as well. Talk about classless. I really feel bad for him and the way he has publicly made himself sound so completely ignorant and full of stereotypical bitterness. This is such an embarrassment to BYU. It makes me sad.

Dan said...

I just want to say that I am glad that BYU won, cause now they can go to (drumroll please) the LAS VEGAS BOWL!!! It must be great to be a BYU fan because you are represented by such a stunning QB who is quite versed in linguistics (search for "Max Hall f bomb" on YouTube).

Missy Johnson said...

Classy.

Jacy Leany said...

Wow.... that's what I say too! That was an embarrassment!! Who says that?

Miss you guys :) ALOT!

Jacy Leany said...

that was Jacy btw :)

nate said...

I think Hall's statement was kind of a silver lining. Had he said something gracious in response to the reporter's question, I would have felt awful about losing that game. As others have said to Max-a-million, "thanks for making the loss a little easier to swallow."