Friday, October 30, 2009

Anger

My institute teacher introduced me to a great talk the other day. Kristin and I decided it's worthy of sharing. Here's a snippet:

"To those who say, 'But I can't help myself," author William Wilbanks responds: 'Nonsense.' 'Aggression, ... suppressing the anger, talking about it, screaming and yelling,' are all learned strategies in dealing with anger. 'We choose the one that has proved effective for us in the past. Ever notice how seldom we lose control when frustrated by our boss, but how often we do when anoyed by friends or family?"

Here's a link.

http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?hideNav=1&locale=0&sourceId=dfbc605ff590c010VgnVCM1000004d82620a____&vgnextoid=2354fccf2b7db010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD

2 comments:

Missy Johnson said...

Love that. I'm going to read the talk. Anger makes me...angry. Hmm...

David said...

Thanks for this article - very insightful.