Monday, January 19, 2009

Always Room For Two

Patten joined our little family in October of 2007. When Kristin and I found out she was pregnant with Patten we immediately wanted to call him something but we also didn't want to give him his official name until he was born. So we called him Pinto. I think it had something to do with him being the size of a pinto bean. Some family members still call him pinto. When they call him Pinto in public we get some weird looks. That's okay. We like weird looks... I think. Or at least we must, because -----

Welcome Mustard! (You know, like a Mustard seed :) ). That's right, Kristin and I are expecting number two. Much of the world already knows this, because Kristin had some complications at the beginning of this pregnancy, but for those of you who don't consider yourselves informed. Mustard should join us mid to late July. We can't wait to have another little rascal running around the house (okay, in all honesty, we CAN wait - but we're still excited).

14 comments:

AdamAndMelaine said...

That's hilarious. Can't wait to meet mustard!

And thanks for all you guys have done to help us this week. You're the best.

Bart and Michelle said...

That really is too funny! :) Congrats! Hopefully things with the pregnancy are okay.

Natalie said...

Oh gosh. I don't know if I can keep calling a nephew/niece of mine mustard forever..but if I end up doing so I'm blaming it on you!! ;) Haha, I'm excited guys!

Barb said...

Congratulations! I hope the rest of the pregnancy is nothing but smooth sailing!

Lyles said...

Congrats! We're excited for you guys!

Becca said...

yay you're finally public! :) and you might just be setting this kid up to be uncle ty's favorite nephew since his life basically revolves around mustard. :)

love you guys - super congrats.

Megan said...

Congrats! And just hope its just baby #2 and not #2 and 3. Identical twins could happen to anybody. :-)

Dan said...

Congrats to you guys! And I second Megs; are you sure it's just one? You never know...

Missy Johnson said...

Yay!
I love Johnson babies.

ebv said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats, guys! Hooray for Mustard! Hope everything is ok now.

Lizzie said...

Congratulations Dave & Kristin!

klt9976 said...

THat is so fun! Congrats!

Sarah said...

Congratulations! If Sam knows he didn't tell me.